Growth Marketer - THE OUT
THE OUT is re-imagining car rental from the ground up to create a frictionless, premium trip experience for people who want to escape the city in style.
If you’ve ever rented a car you’ll know how frustrating the process can be. Out of town pick-up locations, hidden fees and endless paperwork were the gold standard in this complacent industry, until now.
THE OUT is the first app-only rental service, delivering a top of the range Land Rover to your location in just 3 hours. We’re paperless, don’t do hidden fees, charge pump prices for fuel and take care of every detail.
Thanks to insights gleaned from early customers, our mission is evolving from one that is inherently functional to the emotional: giving our customers a reason to rent. Achieving this goal is far from straightforward and presents a number of growth marketing challenges.
We’re looking for a Growth Marketer to attract and engage customers across our website, mobile and social channels. The person we’re looking for has a nuanced understanding of the relationship between product, marketing, and growth, and will use this to build a growth strategy to drive awareness, downloads, usage, and retention of THE OUT. The ideal candidate is a data-driven digital marketer with a track record of working in a start-up or entrepreneurial environments, preferably with an app-based service. While this brief will evolve into this person building a team, in the short term this person would be a self-starter and able to learn and execute quickly.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and execute a go to market plan across paid, owned and earned channels to achieve aggressive growth targets
- Measure, evaluate and report against targets and performance of all digital marketing activity to business stakeholders
- Develop product offering through in-depth understanding of customer segments
- Working closely with the Product team to optimise conversion across the funnel from all sources (AppStore, website, landing pages, etc.)
- Build a culture of growth within the organisation through continual testing and iteration
- Build, test, and iterate broadcast and automated communications across email, push, and SMS to drive activation, purchase and retention
- Develop a partnership strategy for relevant companies and social media influencers to grow awareness and acquire new customers
- Keep the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing
Skills we would like you to have
- Deep understanding of how all elements of the marketing mix fit together
- Track record of having managed paid campaigns for a scale-up tech company
- Have a clear understanding of data and analytics - not just what to track, but how to track it, how to measure it and how to draw actionable insights from complex datasets.
- An innate understanding of user behaviour, and a relentless focus on the customer experience
- A skilled copywriter, who understands how to use language to entice and persuade
- Project management skills to prioritise high impact activities - you will be managing all growth activities, so you need to prove that you can stay on top of things
- 3+ years’ experience in a digital marketing role with an understanding of PPC, SEO, ASO and content marketing
- Loyal user base with a very high retention rate
- Competitive salary with a bonus element on hitting targets
- 30% discount on all rentals with THE OUT
- Flexible working environment with inspirational colleagues
- Fantastic office between Clerkenwell and Kings Cross
- Regular socials, team events, deskbeers and treats throughout the week