Automotive Specialist, Connected Car - Synaptiv
Who we are
Synaptiv is revolutionising the connected car industry, leveraging the data streamed off vehicles to build a host of innovative services which deliver unique insights around real time weather, hyperlocal air pollution monitoring and road quality assessment. We are pioneering the use of Big Data to solve real world problems, helping our customers to dramatically transform their business.
Synaptiv is backed by InMotion, the venture capital arm of Jaguar Land Rover. We have built a sophisticated mobility platform that pulls in large volumes of real time data from vehicles and leverages advanced data science techniques to power actionable insights and unique services.
We are looking for an automotive specialist with a solid understanding of all aspects of vehicle engineering to join our talented team. You will have a solid understanding of vehicle network communications and diagnostic protocols, and experience with telematics systems.
You’ll have 3 - 5 years automotive experience, ideally with an OEM or Tier 1 supplier. We're looking for a confident self starter and someone comfortable with a lot of autonomy. You will be working closely with our data scientists and software engineers to design APIs, platforms and innovative applications.
We’re looking for an exceptional talent who is motivated by a challenge. If you have a passion for cars, are naturally curious, and have dabbled in CAN hacking, this could be the role for you.
Who we’re looking for:
- Solid understanding of CAN, UDS, FlexRay and other vehicle network protocols
- Hands on experience configuring ECUs and associated sensors
- Knowledge of telematics systems and FOTA/SOTA
- An understanding of infotainment systems and next generation communication networks, such as Ethernet, would be an advantage
- A self-starter who takes ownership to make things happen
- Collaborative, willing to constantly learn and make others better
- Be part of a mission-driven, venture-backed startup solving real world problems
- Flat hierarchy with autonomy over role and flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday a year
- Great culture and large growth opportunity
If you think you have what it takes then we want to hear from you. So, if you’re excited by the opportunity then apply online now!
By applying to this position, you agree to allow InMotion Ventures Ltd (Abbey Road, Coventry, CV34LF, [email protected]) to collect, store and process your resume, contact details and any other personal data that you submit. If InMotion is providing recruitment services to a third-party, you also extend this permission our end client.
We will process this data for recruitment purposes only. The data will be stored in our Applicant Tracking System, (which stores data in the U.S and is fully compliant with EU data protection laws), and we will not share it with anyone else.
We would like to keep this data until our open role is filled and may choose to keep it in our database for future roles for up to 24 months.