Product Manager - Synaptiv
Who we are
Synaptiv is revolutionising the connected car industry, leveraging the data streamed off vehicles to build a host of innovative services which deliver unique insights around real time weather, hyperlocal air pollution monitoring and road quality assessment. We are pioneering the use of Big Data to solve real world problems, helping our customers to dramatically transform their business.
Synaptiv is backed by InMotion, the venture capital arm of Jaguar Land Rover. We have built a sophisticated mobility platform that pulls in large volumes of real time data from vehicles and leverages advanced data science techniques to power actionable insights and unique services.
We are looking for a Product Manager to direct our product development. You’ll translate ideas into strategy and features, and follow product development from start to finish. To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver.
You are passionate about building products that customers love. You’ll be a confident self starter and comfortable with a lot of autonomy. You will be working closely with our founder, data scientists and software engineers to launch innovative product releases.
We’re looking for an exceptional talent who is motivated by a challenge. If you are naturally curious and would like to join a dynamic and fast-paced environment, this could be the role for you.
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Produce and review product requirements documents (PRD)
- Work with the founder to create and prioritise product plans and roadmaps based on business and customer impact
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users
- Drive product launches
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Proven experience as a Product Manager or similar role
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Familiarity with Agile framework
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Creative thinking skills
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Be part of a mission-driven, venture-backed startup solving real world problems
- Flat hierarchy with autonomy over role and flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday a year
- Great culture and large growth opportunity
If you think you have what it takes then we want to hear from you. So, if you’re excited by the opportunity then apply online now!
By applying to this position, you agree to allow InMotion Ventures Ltd (Abbey Road, Coventry, CV3 4LF, [email protected]) to collect, store and process your resume, contact details and any other personal data that you submit. If InMotion is providing recruitment services to a third-party, you also extend this permission our end client.
We will process this data for recruitment purposes only. The data will be stored in our Applicant Tracking System, (which stores data in the U.S and is fully compliant with EU data protection laws), and we will not share it with anyone else.
We would like to keep this data until our open role is filled and may choose to keep it in our database for future roles for up to 24 months.