Android Tech Lead - Zeelo
We’re searching for a proactive Android Tech Lead who is able to write reusable and clean code and that is passionate about delivering high quality Android applications. You’ll take responsibility for building Zeelo’s Android native apps which will be the main channel for our customer’s booking process.
As a technical lead, you’ll be reporting to the CTO and playing a key role in the company, taking ownership of the Android development and making important technical decisions.
This is an opportunity to be an integral part of a small team with huge ambition.
What you should know about Zeelo
- We’re on a mission to build a global pop-up transport platform that will transform inter-urban travel, by intelligently using data to generate unscheduled and direct coach routes
- We’re a small young team of do-ers, finding a balance between thinking big and getting stuff done. Our team culture encourages people to be:
- Ambitious - anything is possible with a can-do attitude
- Empowered - make intelligent and informed decisions. Ask for forgiveness, not permission
- Cheeky - don’t accept anything because ‘that’s the way it’s always been’. Be cheeky and challenge the status quo
- We’re a well funded startup with transport and technology experience. We’ve identified a huge opportunity
You should be/have
- 4+ years of experience building Android apps
- Good experience with Java
- Strong experience using the Android SDK and Frameworks
- Knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Experience with 3rd party libraries and APIs
- Produce highly scalable, high quality software
- Experience with REST, JSON
- Experience in leading engineering teams
- Contribute to the design, architecture and development of our products and services
- Experience in using version control systems as GIT and comfortable working with branches
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Outgoing - able to communicate well externally and also with the rest of the team
- Creative, driven, proactive and motivated to try new things
- A versatile, practical, pragmatic worker capable of working autonomously and as a part of an interdisciplinary team
We'd really like it if you
- Have experience using automated build processes
- Have experience distributing apps in different channels
- Send us projects that you feel proud of along with your CV
- Have worked in a startup or worked on your own projects
- Great culture. Humble. Creative. Friendly. Talented. These are the people we hire and this is how our working culture is shaped
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday a year
- No one should work on their birthday, you can take that day off as well
- Zeelo team socials every couple of weeks
- Commitments to training and development opportunities every quarter - just ask for what you need and we’ll do our best to make it happen
By applying to this position, you agree to allow InMotion Ventures Ltd (Abbey Road, Coventry, CV34LF, [email protected]) to collect, store and process your resume, contact details and any other personal data that you submit. If InMotion is providing recruitment services to a third-party, you also extend this permission our end client.
We will process this data for recruitment purposes only. The data will be stored in our Applicant Tracking System, (which stores data in the U.S and is fully compliant with EU data protection laws), and we will not share it with anyone else.
We would like to keep this data until our open role is filled and may choose to keep it in our database for future roles for up to 24 months.