InMotion Ventures invests in the future of transport and mobility. Powered by Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), we work with start-ups and build products that change the way we move.
Our vision is to provide digitally enabled mobility services, employing innovative business models and technologies, which enable customers to access flexible solutions on-demand and in real time.
To achieve this, we invest globally at all stages from pre-Seed to Series B, alongside creating our own proprietary services utilising the Jaguar Land Rover product portfolio of vehicles to engage new and existing customers in new ways, supported by the wider JLR business.
About the Role
Studio 107 creates and incubates our new proprietary services, taking an idea from inception, testing it in-market and then scaling. Every service needs to have a differentiated and aspirational role in the mobility ecosystem, starting in the UK and then expanding globally. The core Studio 107 team provides the oversight, expertise and experience throughout this process, steadily handing over to the founding team of each product as they grow and scale. Current examples include Liquid and Carpe – details can be found on our website.
As an experienced product manager, you will support the launch and development of a portfolio of InMotion’s services. At any stage you could be working with the team on new concepts, supporting the planning for an MVP or problem solving on a scaling business. You will work across projects and across teams, programme managing the whole Studio 107 portfolio and ensuring that each initiative is moving forward. All our projects are underpinned by technology and much of the role will require close working with internal teams and external suppliers or partners.
The handover to the Product Owners or Founder teams is critical. We expect the Product Manager to have a key role in recruiting and on-boarding the team needed to pilot and scale each service.
You will report to InMotion’s Head of Product & Portfolio and work with senior stakeholders across the Strategic Business Units to bring the services to market and beyond. These include functional experts, Product Owners, the Managing Directors and the Finance and Operations teams.
- Work closely with the Head of Product & Portfolio and members of the Strategic Business Unit to bring the proposition’s to life, however needed
- Managing the ‘project to portfolio’ process, you’ll work with key stakeholders including customers, partners and the enterprise CEO’s to set the product strategy, and provide discipline and oversight to the team
- In addition to the technical and digital side of the business, take ownership of some operational aspects to ensure we deliver above customer expectations and meet our own investment requirements
- Initiate and oversee hypothesis testing during the test phase to validate assumptions about future growth
- On-boarding and management of outsourced partners. Assessments of technology partners (vendors) who will deliver build of main platform and apps
- Ensure clear communications and coordination across business and development teams. Escalate and resolve risks and misalignment
- Analyse and understand data and performance drivers in order to deliver business performance
- Skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence, translating between business and functional / technical teams
- Translate product strategy into detailed technical requirements and prototypes
- Ability to analyse user insights based on analytical data
- Lead the mobile apps and backend build by creating stories, facilitation of workshops developers/UX/testers and managing Agile workflow of development
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands on experience in software development and web technologies
- Lars Klawitter, Managing Director
- Tom Fawcett, Head of Product & Portfolio
- Strategic Business Units - Service Design / UX / Marketing / Data Science / Tech / Finan
- Intellectual curiosity, an entrepreneurial personality, persistence and resilience
- Excited by the role of an incubator and the variety of projects and people, willing to get your hands dirty and happy to handover your work to others
- A structured thinker you are excited by organising and balancing the priorities of, and managing, multiple projects concurrently
- Persuasive and able to drive the team, the product owners and other stakeholders to deliver to our priorities
- Self-motivated and outcome driven
- Passionate about disruptive technologies and playing a role in shaping the future of mobility
- Detail-oriented without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Natural ability to juggle rapidly changing priorities, switch context between projects and bring ideas to life at speed
- You have a strong network and are (or would like to be) an active participant in the tech community demonstrating thought leadership in your field
- Be confident in tech speak and lead a team of developers / vendors through API build, Web and Mobile App development
- Knowledgeable about product performance through A/B testing and MVT
Technical requirements & experience
- Strong product and/ or marketing experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A good technical knowledge, understands software and tech-stacks (but you don’t have to code!)
- Strong undergraduate degree from a top-tier institution; an MBA or similar post-graduate qualification from a leading institution is a plus
- A proven track record of developing and launching new products and services in a high-growth environment
- You are eligible to work in the UK
This is a full-time position with a competitive package.
Working with InMotion also comes with some great fringe benefits:
- Exceptional office in the heart of King’s Cross
- Free fruit, treats and desk beers throughout the week
- Work alongside inspirational founders, mentors and other start-ups