Business Development Manager - THE OUT
THE OUT is re-imagining car rental from the ground up to create a frictionless, premium experience for people who want to escape the city in style.
If you’ve ever rented a car, you’ll know how frustrating the process can be. Out of town pick-up locations, hidden fees and endless paperwork were the gold standard in this complacent industry, until now.
THE OUT is the first app-only rental service, delivering a Range Rover to your location in just 3 hours. We’re paperless, don’t do hidden fees, charge pump prices for fuel and take care of every detail.
We have a core B2C customer base who use our cars during the weekend. We are now looking to ramp up our weekday utilisation and will be making our first business development hire to lead these efforts. Cracking midweek usage is far from straightforward, but will have a huge and lasting commercial impact on the business. We’re looking for someone who is up to that challenge.
We are looking for a goal-getter who can build partnerships that generate immediate commercial value and support our brand. For this role, you need to have the right attitude, roll up your sleeves and go out there to make it happen. You will be building the business development strategy from the ground up and be solely responsible for your success.
What you’ll be doing
- Hustle - Establish new high-value commercial partnerships in line with the quality of our service, our values and our brand
- Understand - Work with Marketing, Product, Operations and Tech to meet individual business account needs
- Measure - Track account performance to maximise sales
- Develop - Maintain and foster account relationships to drive long term growth
- Expand - Grow your network to support expansion of the business into new territories
- Present - Represent the business at conferences and events
Skills we would like you to have
- 4+ years of experience in sales with a background in premium goods or services. Experience within a high-growth technology company is a plus
- Proven track record of establishing successful partnerships which generated incremental revenue
- Experience in account and project management
- Ability to work in a startup environment and take ownership of projects from start to finish
- Strong business acumen with a resilient attitude and drive to close deals
- Strong commercial and contract negotiation skills
- Ability to succeed in a rapidly changing environment while maintaining high levels of rigor
Our perfect Business Development Manager has:
- A network within the B2B and B2C sector that requires premium car rental services
- The ability to form new relationships with ease and identify new business opportunities
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence others
- An eye for detail without losing sight of the bigger picture
- An ability to juggle changing priorities and bring ideas to life at speed
- Results-driven mindset to deliver on sales targets in the short and long term
- Competitive salary with a bonus element on hitting targets
- Access to a Land Rover Discovery Sport for business development trips outside London
- 30% discount on all rentals with THE OUT
- Flexible working environment with inspirational colleagues
- Fantastic office between Clerkenwell and Kings Cross
- Regular socials, team events, deskbeers and treats throughout the week
By applying to this position, you agree to allow InMotion Ventures Ltd (Abbey Road, Coventry, CV3 4LF, [email protected]) to collect, store and process your resume, contact details and any other personal data that you submit. If InMotion is providing recruitment services to a third-party, you also extend this permission our end client.
We will process this data for recruitment purposes only. The data will be stored in our Applicant Tracking System, (which stores data in the U.S and is fully compliant with EU data protection laws), and we will not share it with anyone else.
We would like to keep this data until our open role is filled and may choose to keep it in our database for future roles for up to 24 months.