Internship for Fast-Paced Startup - Sheprd
Who we are
We’re passionate, hard-working and mission driven. We take pride in working to solve a very real pain point for busy families. As a small team with a large support network, we each wear many hats and participate in all business functions. We’re looking to attract and retain the brightest people to help us tackle tough challenges as we scale in the dynamic transportation industry.
What we do
Sheprd is ‘The On-Demand School Bus. We provide busy families a safe, convenient, and high-quality service in our current operating area of Newton, MA. Parents use Sheprd’s mobile app to easily schedule one-time or recurring rides for their children to and from after-school programs, activities, school, and home. Sheprd’s fleet of Land Rover SUVs are official School Bus vehicles and Sheprd Drivers have all obtained 7D School Pupil Transport Certifications from the Massachusetts Department of Transportation.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an energetic intern who is eager to learn the “ins and outs” of an international OEM-backed mobility startup. You’ll work directly with the founding team with responsibilities ranging from copywriting /marketing to any number of tasks that simply must be completed.
We are a small team with a larger supporting network based abroad and will consider part-time as well as full time candidates.
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup. You’ll want to do whatever it takes to make the business succeed!
- Social Media Fluency - You’ll be confident writing and managing content for the primary social media channels (Twitter, Medium, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.); we’ll have candid dialogue about the best ways to reach our demographic.
- “Get it done” Attitude – Outside of key specializations, each day’s tasks are available for any member of the team to take on – you will be encouraged to step outside your comfort zone and perform meaningful work from which both you and Company will benefit.
- Work with the Co-Founders to build the business. A great opportunity to grow and learn what it takes to build a startup from the ground up.
Through the process you will be exposed to many core business functions as well as learn what it takes to operate a VC-backed startup in a disruptive industry.
What are we looking for
- An interest in mobility and early stage companies
- Strong communication skills
- Team Player Attitude
- Ability to work independently; initiate and complete tasks as necessary
What we are offering
We’re a new company and a growing team. We’re passionate, hard-working and believe in what we do. We’re looking to attract and retain the brightest people to keep us moving forward. For this internship position, we offer the opportunity to learn and perform meaningful work in a supportive dynamic environment.
How to apply
Keeping it concise, tell us why you’re the perfect fit for this role. Submit your response along with:
- A description about yourself (including any activities you participated in after-school as a child), what you are studying, your career goals, and what you’d hope to learn from an internship with Sheprd.
- Your CV
We will be delighted to consider your interest and get back to you to have an initial chat about working with us.
We would also consider candidates who could work part-time.