Product Designer (UI/UX) - Liquid
Liquid is reimagining car rental from the ground up to create a frictionless, premium trip experience for busy people who want to escape the city in style.
What we’re building:
If you’ve ever rented a car you’ll know how frustrating the process can be. Out of town pick-up locations, hidden fees and endless paperwork were the gold standard in this backward and complacent industry, until now.
Liquid is the world’s first app-only rental service, delivering a top of the range Land Rover to your location in just 3 hours. Achieving such a delightful user experience is far from straightforward, presenting a number of interesting ‘know your customer’, logistics and UX challenges under the hood.
What you’ll be working on:
We are building a team of passionate adventure seekers to scale up a proven business. Our current technology consists of 2 applications, an iOS app and a customer management portal (a field agent app is on the horizon). The Product Designer will lead on the design of these to make them the most simple and engaging apps to use. The current designs are basic and functional. You will take brand guidelines from a leading agency and produce a design of your own. As the team is just starting out, we need a full stack designer with strong UX and UI design skills. You will be responsible for every stage of the design process from low-fi wireframes to production assets. Key responsibilities will be:
- Strategy - Working with key stakeholders including customers, product, marketing, engineering and the CEO to set the customer experience goals.
- Specification - Taking broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something valuable for our users. Including developing hypothesis for UX improvements and a testing framework to understand the outcomes.
- Design - Creating mockups, user flows, wireframes and interactive prototypes, from rough sketches to pixel perfect designs that the development team can work from.
- Understanding - Leading user research activities to identify customer needs and problems.
- Planning - Maintaining a design backlog to be prioritised with the team.
- Brand - Working with our agency to develop our UI kit, then maintain the kit to ensure it is consistently used throughout the customer journey.
- Ownership - Owning the design of accompanying assets such as email templates, landing pages, and our marketing website.
- Reporting - Measuring the success or failure of your projects in a quantitative way.
You should apply if:
- You have previous experiance of owning the design process from end-to-end and are confident working autonomously.
- You have a portfolio of work you are proud of and shows solutions born from empathy.
- You have experience designing across iOS, Android and web platforms, but your main strength is in iOS.
- You are data-driven in your decision making and setup feedback loops.
- You have experience working closely with product and engineering in an agile environment.
- You have a passion for creating delightful user experiences that solve customer problems in elegant and surprising ways.
- You have worked in a startup environment and thrive in a fast-paced, decision making culture.
What’s on offer:
- The opportunity to make your mark as our first Product Designer with autonomy to own the end-to-end process.
- Experience inside an incubator run by InMotion.
- Loyal user base with a very high retention rate.
- Collaborate with the agency who branded Airbnb and Deliveroo.
- Flexible working environment with inspirational colleagues.
- Competitive salary.
- Fantastic office between Clerkenwell and Kings Cross.
- Regular socials, team events, deskbeers and treats throughout the week.